Professional experience and resume.
I bring a unique background, having grown up in my father’s family-owned computer services company established in 1993, now owned by my spouse. Despite initially pursuing an art career, my passion for technology prompted me to transition into the tech industry. I worked part-time at ‘The Biz Techs’ during my time as a stay-at-home mother. Seizing the opportunity as my children started school, I actively pursued further education in specific tech areas, marking a significant personal and professional transformation. This journey harmonizes my familial ties to technology with my artistic sensibilities. I’m enthusiastic about applying this distinctive blend of experiences and skills to contribute to a dynamic and innovative team.
Google UX Design Certificate – 7 Certificates
- Identify common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and other teams you might work with.
- Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design.
- Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work.
- Plan and conduct moderated and unmoderated usability studies.
- Synthesize observations from usability studies and come up with insights.
- Share research methodology and insights using persuasive presentation skills.
- Modify low-fidelity designs based on research insights.
- Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points.
- Develop problem statements to define user needs.
- Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems.
- Create storyboards to come up with ideas about solutions to user needs.
- Create wireframes on paper and digitally in the design tool Figma.
- Build paper prototypes to create interactive designs.
- Design low-fidelity prototypes in Figma.
- Build mockups and high-fidelity prototypes in the design tool Figma.
- Define and apply common visual design elements and principles.
- Demonstrate how design systems can be used to organize, standardize, and enhance designs.
- Understand the role of design critique sessions and feedback while iterating on designs.
- Apply each step of the UX design process (empathize, define, ideate, prototype, test) to create a responsive website in Adobe XD.
- Plan information architecture and sitemaps for website designs.
- Apply common layouts for web pages.
- Complete a design project and include it in your professional UX portfolio.
- Apply each step of the UX design process (empathize, define, ideate, prototype, test) to create a portfolio project focused on social good.
- Build wireframes, mockups, and low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes for a dedicated mobile app and a responsive website.
- Prepare to successfully interview for an entry-level UX design job.
- Determine if freelance design work is a good career fit.
I have a passion for adventure, gardening, and animals. Whether camping with my children, kayaking, or simply immersing myself in the beauty of the world, I draw inspiration for my various hobbies. In addition to raising potbelly pigs, chickens, and tending to gardens, I find joy in writing and illustrating books. My latest children’s book, titled “Because I Can,” is based on the true story of a female Reno Air Racing Jet pilot. You can find it on Amazon and Barnes & Noble by February 2024.