Professional experience and resume.
I specialize in UX/UI design. I focus on making user friendly interfaces based off users interaction. My favorite part of this field is having the freedom to be creative while solving technical problems using patterns from collected data.
I have a background in freelance web development, graphic design and 3D rendering. While pursuing art career opportunities, I grew up in tech at our family run computer business offering services to local businesses such as competitive audits, accessibility screenings, design services, 3d printing services and device repair. My specialty is designing spaces that can be enjoyed by a wide audience or over multiple devices whether it be for screens or equipment. Creating aesthetically pleasing designs with a focus on usability and accessibility.
Google UX Design Certificate – 7 Certificates
- Identify common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and other teams you might work with.
- Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design.
- Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work.
- Plan and conduct moderated and unmoderated usability studies.
- Synthesize observations from usability studies and come up with insights.
- Share research methodology and insights using persuasive presentation skills.
- Modify low-fidelity designs based on research insights.
- Empathize with users to understand their needs and pain points.
- Develop problem statements to define user needs.
- Generate ideas for possible solutions to user problems.
- Create storyboards to come up with ideas about solutions to user needs.
- Create wireframes on paper and digitally in the design tool Figma.
- Build paper prototypes to create interactive designs.
- Design low-fidelity prototypes in Figma.
- Build mockups and high-fidelity prototypes in the design tool Figma.
- Define and apply common visual design elements and principles.
- Demonstrate how design systems can be used to organize, standardize, and enhance designs.
- Understand the role of design critique sessions and feedback while iterating on designs.
- Apply each step of the UX design process (empathize, define, ideate, prototype, test) to create a responsive website in Adobe XD.
- Plan information architecture and sitemaps for website designs.
- Apply common layouts for web pages.
- Complete a design project and include it in your professional UX portfolio.
- Apply each step of the UX design process (empathize, define, ideate, prototype, test) to create a portfolio project focused on social good.
- Build wireframes, mockups, and low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes for a dedicated mobile app and a responsive website.
- Prepare to successfully interview for an entry-level UX design job.
- Determine if freelance design work is a good career fit.
In my spare time, I get creative by writing and illustrating books. I have been playing piano for over 30 years. I am also a mother of two, avid gardener and mini-farmer. I seek out rare heirloom varieties of plants from around the world . I raise potbelly pigs and chickens. I absolutely love a challenge and take little from being comfortable. I strive to learn something new everyday.